Vous n'êtes pas identifié.
6 Goal Setting Traps You Must Avoid 6 Goal Setting Traps You Must Avoid October 14 Tigers Anthony Gose Jersey , 2013 | Author: Lachlan Haynes | Posted in Education
Goal setting is much more than simply saying you want something to happen. Unless you clearly define exactly what you want and understand why you want it the first place, your odds of success are considerably reduced. By avoiding the goal setting traps you can set goals with confidence and enjoy the satisfaction that comes along with knowing you achieved what you set out to do. So let’s take a look at some of the biggest traps that need to be avoided.
1. You’ve set goals that don’t motivate you. When you set goals for yourself, it is important that they motivate you (yes, you!) This means making sure that they are important to you, and that you feel there is value in achieving them. If you have little interest in the outcome, or they are irrelevant given the larger picture you have created for yourself, then the chances of you putting in the work to make them happen are slim. Why? Because goal achievement requires commitment, so to maximize the likelihood of success Tigers Anibal Sanchez Jersey , you need to feel a sense of urgency and have an “I must do this” attitude. When you don’t have this, you risk putting off what you need to do to make the goal a reality. So do your goals actually motivate you?
2. The goals you set are not SMART. By SMART, we don’t mean your intelligence level. We mean specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-based goals. In order for you to avoid this next goal setting trap, you should assess your goal and see if it follows the SMART format.
Your goals aren’t specific. Concise is key, so when you set up a list of indistinct goals Tigers Alex Avila Jersey , you’re working against yourself because you will not have a specific course. Always remember: your goals should show you the path to your progress.
Set measurable goals. Include precise amounts, dates, and so on in your goals so you can measure your degree of success. If your goal is simply defined as “be healthier” how will you know when you have been successful? Without a way to measure your success you miss out on the celebration that comes with knowing you have actually achieved something.
Setting achievable goals can be tricky for some. You want to set goals that are challenging and not met too easily but you also need to be realistic. If you set yourself an unrealistic goal you may have no hope in attaining, especially if it is something out of your control, and you are setting yourself up for failure. Setting yourself up for failure will only lead to disappointment, frustration, and eat away at your self-confidence. On the contrary, if your goal is too easily achieved you may feel disappointed once you do accomplish it because you did not have to work that hard for it. This disappointment may pave the way later for a resistance in setting goals since you did not receive the feeling of triumph you expected. By finding the balance between realism and challenge Tigers Alan Trammell Jersey , you set yourself up for a demanding climb but a rewarding pay out.
Set relevant goals. Goals should be relevant to the direction you want your life and career to take. By keeping goals aligned with this, you’ll develop the focus you need to get ahead and do what you want. Set widely scattered and inconsistent goals, and you’ll fritter your time – and your life – away.
Set time-based goals. You goals must have a deadline. Again, this means that you know when you can celebrate success. When you are working on a deadline, your sense of urgency increases and achievement will come that much quicker.
3. Your goals aren’t set in stone. We can say the goals in our head over and over again but writing them down makes them real and gives them power. If possible, you should even write it down in a place you see every day and can update to keep track of your success. When writing your goals down make sure to use positive and powerful words such as “will” or “can”. Setting a goal that is worded poorly leaves an open window for excuses. Instead of, “I would like to save $1,000″ Tigers Al Kaline Jersey , you should write, “I will save $1,000″, or, “I can save $1,000″. This will lead you to envisioning yourself hitting your goal and remind you of the passion needed to achieve it.
4. You have no real action plan. Many people feel this is unnecessary, yet those who are successful recognize this step as essential to making progress. You may feel you have your sights firmly set on the big picture, but if you have no daily goals set to help you achieve incrementally Willie Horton Jersey , you will lose focus and have trouble knowing exactly what needs to be done. When you allow yourself to check off the smaller steps little by little each day, you will find yourself striding toward the finish line with an even, realistic pace.
5. You’re using all-or-nothing goals. Being specific and measurable is important, but goals such as “finish a marathon” or “lose 50 pounds” can set up a passfail mindset and failure can lead to a negative spiral. If you do set audacious, long-term goals, make sure to recognize that you may experience setbacks. If you lose 47 pounds instead of 50 have you failed? Or have you succeeded?
6. You have given up too quickly. When times get tough, it is easy to give up. Did you give yourself enough time to achieve your goal? Or did you lose focus and get off track? Set up reminders for yourself on a weekly basis to check in with how you are doing. Even a few minutes to take check of your progress can pay off big in the end. You may find that your deadlines, goal milestones Victor Martinez Jersey , or action plan need to be modified from time to time and that is okay. The most important thing is to stay focused, motivated, and confiden Uncover Th. Wholesale NFL Jerseys USA Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap